– The event organisers will refund 80% of the entry fee up until Friday 25th October 2019.
– There will be NO substitutions.
– You are NOT allowed to sell your entry to someone else. If you do the entry will be null and void.
– Proof of ID will be required at registration.
– To request a cancellation please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Entry fees DO NOT include any apparel or goodie bag. An event T-Shirt (R TBC) and / or Cap (R TBC) can be ordered and paid for at time of entry. All t-shirts and caps must be collected at registration in person.
– This event is run according to the rules as laid down by the ASA and all entrants must abide by these rules.
– Current registered licensed runners may participate and their club colours and licence numbers must be worn. Your race number that you will be issued with must be placed so that the ASA Licence Sponsor and the ASA province / Year remain visible above the race number. The ASA Licence numerals may be covered, but not the ASA Sponsor.
– Temporary licences are available for the 21.1km and 42.2km for R TBC and are payable at registration. Temporary licences must be worn on your back and your race number on your front.
– All entrants will have a timing chip on their Sani Stagger Race number which must not be covered / pinned through.
– The minimum age limits are 16-years for the 21.1km Down Race and 20-years and older for the Marathon.
– All entrants are to PERSONALLY collect their registration numbers, timing chips at registration on Friday 22nd November 2019, 14h00 to 21h00 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass.
– Registration packs will not be handed over to any third party. Registration packs are for athletes who have come to registration ONLY. Anyone withdrawing from the race and does NOT intend running will NOT receive the registration pack. We remind you that entries are neither refundable NOR transferable.
– Runners do not require passports unless they are staying overnight at the top. If you are staying overnight at the top then you will need your passport and will have to be processed at both the South African and Lesotho Border Posts.
– During the race only athletes and officials will be given access via the South African Border Post.
– You are not allowed into Lesotho and this includes access to Sani Mountain Lodge. It is a criminal offence to enter Lesotho taking a shortcut through the fencing and the organisers will not be liable for any criminal action taken against you.
– Category indicators must be visibly worn to qualify for a category prize.
– All entrants participate at their own risk and organisers and sponsors will not be responsible for any loss or injury incurred during or as a result of the race. The organisers and sponsors will not be responsible for any property lost or damaged on the course or in the changing area.
– If you need medical assistance, advise the helpers at a water table who will contact race control. All entrants must be medically fit and participate at their own risk.
– All medical / paramedic costs are for the entrants own account. The organisers will not pay these nor be responsible for the costs. All entrants will be personally required to sign an indemnity at registration. These may not be signed by a 3rd party.
– Refreshment tables will be provided along the route with water and coke (some also food) at approximately 3km intervals. No seconding whatsoever is permitted and you may be disqualified.
– This is a World Heritage Site and we ask you to use refuse bins for your used cups etc. Please take care of our beautiful site. DO NOT LITTER. YOU COULD BE DISQUALIFIED.
– Prize giving for all events will take place at the Premier Resort Sani Pass at 12h00.
– All finishers of the 21.1km Down Run and 42.2km Marathon will receive a medal at the end of the race. We will not hand medals to anyone who has not finished in the allocated time.
– Anyone eligible for a 5, 10 or 20 year badge will have it presented to them at prize giving, badges will not be sent out to athletes on demand after the event.
– Lunches, light snacks and drinks will be on sale at the Premier Resort Sani Pass. You are NOT allowed to bring your own food and drinks into the hotel grounds.
– There will be no refund of entry fee nor any other costs should the race have to be cancelled for any reason beyond the organisers control e.g. severe weather conditions.